* ACBA’s primary mission is to promote healthy and sustainable beekeeping practices in Ashe County. It is accomplished through occasional training seminars and regular meetings featuring knowledgeable guest(s) and local beekeepers with a myriad levels of expertise.
* In addition, ACBA aims to educate the general public regarding the critical need to protect and care for honey bee populations and easy ways to do it. For example, plant bee-friendly gardens, shrubs, and trees and use extra precaution with pesticides and herbicides (spray before dawn or after dusk, when the bees are still in their hives, and don’t let chemicals pool on flowering weeds that attract bees).
- Ashe County is obviously at the heart of our focus, but with the substantial tourist and seasonal population, we are hopeful that the impact of our efforts will extend way beyond our county lines.
- We encourage and foster close relationships with neighboring beekeeping groups and are members of the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association.
The below, downloadable file contains the By-Laws for the Ashe County Beekeeping Association which also outlines the duties of the officers and board of directors.
* You can send us an e-mail by clicking here, by copying this address - email@example.com - into your e-mail provider, or by following the link below.
- We are always interested in keeping our webpage both informative and accurate. If you encounter a broken link, or find information in a post that is not factual, please send us a note using the "Contact Us" link on the home page. Enter your name and e-mail (which will NOT be shared) and give a brief description on what you are reporting about.
Email: Click here:
* You can follow the ACBA on Facebook by several means: 1) paste the following - www.facebook.com/ashecountybeekeepersassociation - into your browser; 2) right click the link (below); or 3) on the home page of this website, click on the Facebook icon.
* Our Facebook link contains many group updates, pictures and beekeeping reports from our members.
* ACBA maintains a directory with names and addresses of our membership which is updated frequently. The directory is not for public distribution or use.
* Any use of our mailing list for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
* Association members can access the membership listed with the below link.