Follow the below link to learn about teaching webinars that are conducted by the North Carolina State Cooperative Extension Service on an extensive list of beekeeping topics.
* Open and enjoy this informational, and educational, video from IFL Science and TedEd.com.
* Be sure and select "Full Screen" on your computer to fully enjoy the presentation...
* The NC Cooperative Extension Service published a wide variety of "Notes" that educate and inform interested readers about bees and beekeeping.
* Open the below, downloadable files to learn more from this service.
* SavingOurBees is a website committed to collecting and distributing the most accurate and up-to-date resources on the bee crisis and information on how to help in your own community.
* Check it out.
Link here to visit Scientific Beekeeping website which contains information about beekeeping through the eyes of a biologist.
* This is a website recommended by Co-Program Chair, Joy Lewis that contains a LOT of information of use and interest to beekeepers.
Honey Bee Suite is "a better way to bee!" and contains lots of information from the owner regarding beekeeping, lots of how-to information, photographs and a cookbook section. Yum!
Great beekeeping resource that has over 14,00 subscriber who who post their questions or contribute answers and experiences daily to the worldwide Beesource.com beekeeping community.
Opening page of this site says that it is "beekeeping through the eyes of a biologist." Essentially, it is the site owner's record of his learning process in trying to understand aspects of colony health and productivity, and the reasons why various management techniques work (or don’t).
* Beekeepers interested in learning many facts about honey, as well as get new ideas regarding honey and ways to market will find this website of interest.
* This website was discovered by ACBA Vice President and Co-Program chair, Helen Baldwin who recommended it be added to our website.
* Click on the below link to open the website.
* There is a relatively new? link on Facebook that shares, and answers, a whole host of beekeeping questions...
* Check it out!
The NCSBA's mission is to advance beekeeping in North Carolina through improved communication with members, improved education about beekeeping, and support of science enhancing the knowledge of beekeeping.
Our closely related beekeeping association, the Watauga County Beekeepers meets at 7:00 PM the first Tuesday of each month, from March through November, in the downstairs meeting room of the Agricultural Extension Center in Boone, NC
James Wilkes is the developer of the web resource for beekeepers, Hive Tracks. The site can be accessed by clicking the below link.
* At the May regular meeting of the Ashe County Beekeeping Association, speaker Lyn Soeder shared about a book which she recommends with useful information about bee-friendly plants.
* Garden Plants for Honeybees is on the BetterBee website at a cost of $33.95.
* Buzz Beekeeping Supplies is a manufacturer of high quality beekeeping equipment, including beekeeping gloves, beekeeping suits and beekeeping jackets.
* We are beekeepers ourselves and are based in Winder, GA.
Buzz Beekeeping Supplies
970 Cook Rd
Winder GA 30680
* The webdesigner: a full service graphic design professional located in the mountains of Northwestern North Carolina.
* Have laptop, will travel.
Graphic and Logo Design