* The next regular meeting of the ACBA will be on September 13, 2018.
* The meeting will be held at the Ashe County Agricultural Center Office, located at 134 Government Center Drive in Jefferson, NC.
* The regular meeting of the ACBA was held on August 9, 2018. The meeting outline, below, is avalable as a downloadable file.
* Jim Rash (shown right), one of our members, discussed winterizing. Before the meeting at 7:00, pizza and delicious snacks courtesy of Maggie McClelland were enjoyed by all!
* After the meeting, the following were door prizes awarded...
- Jim DeJuneas - liquid soap (donated by Tina Roberts, Orianna Naturals)
- Johnny Parsons - 2 bar soaps (donated by Tina Roberts, Orianna Naturals)
- ACBA cap - Deborah Baldridge
- ACBA t-shirt - Greg Lyons
Parties in Watauga interested in beekeeping, the Allegheny bee group's evening meetings have been changed to the second Tuesday of the month, beginning in March.
The referenced North Carolina Farm Bureau, Ag in the Classroom program curriculum, which can be opened using the below, downloadable file, was provided by:
Extension Agent, Agriculture
N.C. Cooperative Extension
Ashe County Center
134 Government Circle, Suite 202
Jefferson, NC 28640
(336) 846-5882 (fax)
* There will be a Beginning Beekeeping class at Wilkes Community College/Ashe campus beginning this Monday (3-19) from 6-9 PM.
* Shelley Felder (The Honey Hole) is teaching the class every Monday for 6 weeks.
* Need more info?? Call 336-846-3900.
The How-To Festival will be held at the Ashe County Library on Saturday (July 14) from 11-3. ACBA will have a table under a tree; we had fun last year and are eager to share bee info again with some very thoughtful kids (and adults)! If you can help the entire time or even a part of the time, please let Helen Baldwin know - any and all help will be greatly appreciated! We could probably use another folding table if anyone who comes happens to have one.
AppState professor of computer science and ACBA member, James Wilkes is featured in a post about the university starting a program to teach about the importance of bees...