* NCSBA Summer Meeting, celebrating 100 years of NCSBA, is taking place in Winston-Salem (July 13-15). You don't have to pre-register, but there is a $15 savings for doing so.
* Deadline for pre-registration is Thursday, June 15; registration fees are non-refundable after June 22.
* Click here for an on-line advance registration form.
* For all NCSBA Chapters...2017 Summer Conference, Master Beekeeper Program
* On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM, "Before the Conference Begins"
- Moderators and Master Beekeepers Diana Almond and Randall Austin along with State Inspector and Master Beekeeper Lewis Cauble and State Inspector and EAS Master Beekeeper Greg Fariss, a refresher program, "Journeyman and Beyond," 2 hours of preparing to test for Journeyman and Masters will be presented.
- "What you always wanted to know", Questions & Answer period to "Ask the EXPERTS" all about Beekeeping,
* Arrive early and get ready for our 100 year celebration!
* Bee Bowl is Thursday evening, get your chapter team ready to play!
* There will be a memory candle for deceased beekeepers dedicated at the state meeting next month.
- On June 2, one of our new beekeepers, Richard Roberts, was killed in a UTV accident on the property where he lived with his son, Richard, and daughter-in-law, Tina. 'Grandpa' Richard and Tina came to the bee class in February and had attended the monthly meetings in anticipation of becoming alert beekeepers, so we were particularly saddened to learn of his unexpected death. Jim Rash, another of our members, officiated at the service for Richard.
- Anyone who knows of another beekeeper associated with the Ashe County Beekeeping Association (even in the past) who passed away during 2016, please let Helen Baldwin know the name (and date of death, if known) as soon as possible. The deadline to submit names is June 29.